Edzell Blue Eating Potatoes
£37.20 – £50.00
A blue skinned and white fleshed potato which produces great flavoured and vibrant dishes in the kitchen when baked, mashed and fried due to its floury nature.
This variety is available as washed ware / table potatoes. Looking for seed potatoes? Click for Edzell Blue Seed.
Ware will be dispatched immediately – we will only have certain varieties available at certain times and can not do a delayed delivery.
Please do not do a mixed order for table and seed as we cannot split it (eg to dispatch table potatoes this week and seed potatoes in a month’s time). Just do another order.
- Eating Potatoes
- Recipes for floury Potatoes
- Ark Of Taste
- Product sold out or to be re-bagged
- Additional information
- Reviews (1)
- We aim to dispatch within 3 days and then delivery will take 3-4 days. Prices include UK delivery with very few exceptions.
- For the vast majority of orders we do not charge a surcharge for Scottish Highlands and Islands. However, we reserve the right to contact you if we can’t get a viable rate. Please see FAQ for full details
- We are reluctantly forced to close our online shop to customers in the EU and Northern Ireland. 17/12/20 saw the last order come in from France. Full statement here
- For Isle of Man and the Channel Islands please see FAQ for details
- If you wish to pick up we offer a 15% discount. By default, this option will only appear for local postcodes. If yours doesn’t appear, use our postcode DD3 0QN in the “Deliver to Address”. Also to help us, put “pick up” in the “deliver to address”. Note that your order may still take a day or two to organise and we will contact you when your order is ready. We operate on a working farm with machinery, vehicles and livestock and so please keep children and pets inside your car when picking up. This is only available for orders up to £50 – if you wish to pick up a larger order, please contact us prior to ordering.
- If you want a specific week, let us know in the information box and we will do our best to send it out then. We recommend that you get your potatoes in plenty of time to chit. If you plan to plant in March, we would suggest delivery in late January/February to give 4-6 weeks chitting, if you plan to plant in April, a late February/March date would suit.
- All products ordered will be sent together in the same delivery. If you require us to split the delivery please do two orders. Or let us know and an additional postal charge will be payable.
- Most varieties are available between November and mid-May. However we grow a lot of varieties in small quantities and these will sell out quite fast.
- To ensure your order arrives in the best possible condition, deliveries will be made as soon as all the varieties on your order are available, using an appropriate courier or postal service.
- If you choose to pay by BACS or cheque we will not begin to process your order out until your payment has been received and cleared. This could take a few days and may not be checked each day.
- During times of frost or low temperatures deliveries will be held back until more favourable conditions prevail.
- Some deliveries may be delayed if we have to re- stock our nets, we will try to keep you informed of any delays.
🥔This variety is available as ware / table potatoes – either washed or unwashed. Please make sure you order the correct specification.
🥔Ware will be dispatched immediately – we will only have certain varieties available at certain times and can not do a delayed delivery.
🥔Please do not do a mixed order for table and seed as we cannot split it (eg to dispatch table potatoes this week and seed potatoes in a month’s time). Just do another order.
Check out the recipes on the tab here. We’d love to see pics of any cooked potatoes and if we use them on our web we will send you some seed potatoes.
These potatoes have a fluffy middle when cooked. They are not only great for family favourites such as ruffled up roasties but also tasty jackets or chunky chips. Parboiled floury potatoes freeze well.
Click on pictures to enlarge. Although Maris Piper is mentioned, any floury potatoes can be used in these recipes.
Sticky Orange Potato Cake and Mexican Wedgies
Recipes are taken from the “AHDB – Potatoes more than a bit on the side” site and used with permission. Click on logo for some more wonderful recipes! AHDB is a members based programme of which Potato House is a member.
We’d love to see any pics of your kitchen creations on our social media pages – see links at the foot of the page.
The Slow Food Ark of Taste
The Ark of Taste is a key international project of the Slow Food Foundation for Biodiversity. It aims to catalogue and promote quality products from around the world that are rooted in culture, history and tradition and that are in danger of disappearing. We are proud to have these potatoes in our repertoire and are working with the Ark of Taste to have more of our varieties listed. To read more about this, see their page.
This project strives to draw attention to the products and the history behind them, inspiring people to take action to protect them.
Here at Potato House, we net and bag up most of our potatoes. If a variety says out of stock this could be temporary or indeed we could well be out of stock for the season. There could be a delay from our store to the web as we communicate this information.
If a product has DELAY TO REBAG on it, it means that we need to check stock and re-bag if we still have some left. This is not a guarantee that we do have more in stock.
If a product has SOLD OUT for 2021, it really does mean sold out.
Potato House grows around 90 varieties and some are in small quantities and sell out quickly. We leave these products on our web and if you are looking for a particular variety, we invite you to join our mailing list. When we harvest in the autumn and know quantities we then will open our web up for pre-orders and let our mailing list know about the varieties.
Eating WASHED, Eating UNWASHED